Year 6 – Wednesday 25th March learning
Welcome to Wednesday, Year 6! Here are today’s tasks. Do keep in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or want to share how you’re getting on.
Thank you Mikey for sending me your art from yesterday – brilliant job!
|PE||Stay fit and healthy by checking in with The Body Coach each morning at 9.00 at https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1|
|Prayer||Visit https://cafod.org.uk/Pray/Lent-Calendar and reflect on today’s Bible verse and message.|
|Handwriting||Copy these sentences containing this week’s spellings 6-10 into your handwriting book:
6. My bank account will accrue interest over time.
7. The footballer passes the ball with unfaltering accuracy.
8. What will you accomplish today?
9. Investigators are trying to accumulate enough evidence.
10. Sally’s bright blue hair bows accentuate her blue eyes.
|Reading||15 minutes of https://readtheory.org/|
|English||Click here to open today’s English activities.|
|Maths||Daily Maths Challenge (updated daily)
WALT simplify equations to find the unknown.
1. 3,478 + 11,976 =
2. 2.07 – 0.75 =
3. _______ = 92 x 21
4. 3,405 ÷ 4 =
5. ______ = 1000 x 3.012
Click here to open today’s maths lesson.
Click here to open the extension questions (with answers).
|French||I have set up an online French classroom at Duolingo https://www.duolingo.com/o/rypqdy
Click here for instructions on getting yourself set up.
Once logged in, click on the task listed under ‘Assignments’.
|Geography||WALT research the human and physical features of our local area. (This project runs for 2 weeks)
Research our local area, and answer these questions about your county or area:
Your task is to make a small guide book (electronic or on paper) about Potters Bar. Here are some ideas for you to include:
· Five fun facts about Potters Bar
· A map. Have a go at drawing a simple street map – make it as detailed as you want, but ensure the main roads are on it.
· Write a small page about the history of Potters Bar (there is good information here http://www.pottersbarhistory.uk/thehistory.html but please do not simply copy and paste). It could be fun to include a quiz about the town’s history on a later page.
· A page about the human and physical features of our town.
· Write a review of some great places to visit or eat in the town.
i have a question my mum and i already have duolingo and she has a premium account could i log on from there.
Thank you for sending us homework to keep us active