Good morning Year 6, and welcome to Thursday.
Giovanna and Taanya sent me their bluebell drawings yesterday. They’re beautiful – thank you.
I was delighted to receive lots of photos showing Oliwia’s learning so far. Keep it up!
Meanwhile, Asher has been practising piano and preparing a wonderful act of worship for those in school. Well done!
Here are Thursday’s lessons:
|Prayer||Visit https://www.loyolapress.com/3-minute-retreats-daily-online-prayer/ and click on ‘Start your retreat’ for a short daily reflection.|
|PE||Stay fit and healthy by checking in with The Body Coach each morning at 9.00 at https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1|
|Spelling||Play with family members: Word Wager
1. Put this week’s words into an envelope/wallet.
2. Share the tokens (could be anything – beads, buttons, stones) equally between the group.
3. One person in the group will be the caller, and will read a word for you to spell.
4. If you think you are able to spell it, bet as many tokens as you like.
5. If you’re not sure, you can sit out of that round but you still have to pay the pot one token.
6. Betting players write the word down.
7. Those who spell it correctly divide the pot equally.
Reminder of this week’s spellings:
|Reading||15 minutes of https://readtheory.org/|
|English||Click here to open today’s English activities.
Find the powerpoint on clauses and conjunctions here.
|Maths||WALT calculate ratio.
1. 749.15 + 96.3 =
2. _______ = 74,810 – 1,478
3. 190 x 38 =
4. 6,432 ÷ 3 =
5. ______ = 109 ÷ 100
6. List 3 multiples of 19.
Here is today’s maths lesson:
|RE||WALT explain why we honour Mary.
Click here for today’s learning.
|Computing||Childnet Film Competition 2020
How is your film coming along? Use this time to continue to plan, sequence, shoot and edit your film.
To go back to the detailed instructions that were posted before the holidays, visit: https://popepaul.herts.sch.uk/computing-childnet-film-competition/
Do let me know how yours is progressing.