Year 6 – Wednesday 6th May learning
Good morning, Year 6.
Here is your learning for today:
|Prayer||Visit https://www.loyolapress.com/3-minute-retreats-daily-online-prayer/ and click on ‘Start your retreat’ for a short daily reflection.|
|Miss Pringle’s Home Olympic Challenge||Click here for Miss Pringle’s challenge for today.|
|Handwriting||Copy these sentences containing this week’s spellings 1-5 into your handwriting book:
1. The anniversary of Europe’s liberation from Nazi Germany at the end of World War Two is known as VE Day.
2. The Germans surrendered because Hitler, their leader, had died and they realised that they would not be able to win the war.
3. Upon the defeat of Germany, celebrations erupted throughout Great Britain.
4. Churchill told the crowds in London, “This is your victory!”
5. Although everyone was pleased that the war had ended, for many the celebrations would have been a sad reminder of the loss of many loved ones.
|Reading||15 minutes of https://readtheory.org/|
|English||Click here to open today’s English activities.|
|Maths||WALT make connections to angles on a straight line and around a point.
Here is today’s maths video:
|Art||As you will remember from our history learning earlier this year, and particularly from our trip to the British Schools Museum, the Spitfire was the name of the fighter plane used by the RAF during WW2. This tutorial will show you how to draw one! As always, show me how you do by sending in a photo.|
|French||I have set two new assignments on https://schools.duolingo.com/
If you have been unable to login, then email me at email@example.com and I’ll send you your login details.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!