Welcome to another lovely day, Year 6.
Giovanna sent me her beautiful art learning from yesterday of a tropical island – thank you Giovanna:
Here is the learning for Wednesday:
|Prayer||Visit https://www.loyolapress.com/3-minute-retreats-daily-online-prayer/ and click on ‘Start your retreat’ for a short daily reflection.|
|PE||Stay fit and healthy by checking in with The Body Coach each morning at 9.00 at https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1|
|Handwriting||Copy these sentences containing this week’s spellings 6-10 into your handwriting book:
6. Switzerland has 4 official languages: German, French, Italian and Romansh
7. With careful planning, they had a sufficient amount of food to survive for an entire month.
8. The athlete – who was expected to win the race – was determined to finish the race and limped to the finish line.
9. “I’m sure there’s an innocent explanation for this,” stated the head teacher with hope in his eyes.
10. Although she speaks French fluently, her pronunciation lets her down.
|Reading||15 minutes of https://readtheory.org/|
|English||Click here to open today’s English activities.|
|Maths||WALT divide non-unitary fractions by whole numbers.
1. 3,911 + 516,289 =
2. 6.918 – 4.526 =
3. _______ = 44 x 26
4. 5,148 ÷ 36 =
5. ______ = 1000 x 1.047
6. List 3 multiples of 22.
Click here to open today’s maths lesson.
|French||I have set two new assignments on https://schools.duolingo.com/ – Travel and Family
If you have been unable to login, then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you your login details.
|History||WALT describe how our own lives have been influenced by a significant event.
Watch this video which highlights the fact that we are currently living through a significant part of history https://youtu.be/Lp5r8tvQbAQ
At the end of the video, it gives some ideas about how you could document this time in our lives:
· Make a scrapbook (Click here for a how-to guide)
· Write a diary;
· Create a time capsule (Click here for a how-to guide);
· Make a film.