Hello, Year 6, and happy Feast of the Ascension!
On Tuesday, Maria sent me this wonderful clip of her playing Fly Me To The Moon on piano, which she had set herself the challenge of learning. Brilliant!
Luka has also been busy making music!
And here is his spaghetti bridge that he made for D&T. Excellent work, Luka.
Here is your learning for today:
|Prayer||Today is the Feast of the Ascension, a very important day in our Church’s calendar. Begin your day by visiting today’s Spirituality Week blog here.|
|PE||Have a go at today’s Walk The Plank Challenge here. What level will you manage to get up to?|
|Spelling||Play with family members: Word Wager
1. Put this week’s words into an envelope/wallet.
2. Share the tokens (could be anything – beads, buttons, stones) equally between the group.
3. One person in the group will be the caller, and will read a word for you to spell.
4. If you think you are able to spell it, bet as many tokens as you like.
5. If you’re not sure, you can sit out of that round but you still have to pay the pot one token.
6. Betting players write the word down.
7. Those who spell it correctly divide the pot equally.
Reminder of this week’s spellings:
|Reading||15 minutes of https://readtheory.org/|
|English||Click here to open today’s English activities.|
|Maths||WALT solve a range of problems.
Have a go at these maths challenges here.
The most suitable questions for Year 6 are Q1-6, but why don’t you see if you can do the trickier ones either on your own or with the rest of your family.
Check your answers here.
|RE||WALT explain the importance of Pentecost for the Christian Church.
Today is the Feast of the Ascension, which marks 40 days since Easter Sunday. In 10 days time, ie. 50 days after Easter, we will celebrate the Feast of Pentecost.
Watch this retelling of the story of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-13): https://youtu.be/MtTjgmlUtps
How did the crowd react when the apostles came out speaking in lots of languages?
Most were amazed, some were confused, and some mocked them, accusing them of being drunk.
Imagine you are one of the disciples and a news reporter in the crowd approaches you. He says to you, “Some people here think that you and your friends are drunk. What do you have to say to those people?”
Write what you would say in response to that question?
· What happened whilst you were in the room?
· What have you and the other disciples come to believe?
· What does this mean?
Perhaps you could get into role and record yourself as if being interviewed on BBC News! Maybe you could get a parent to be the news reporter.
Make sure you send me any clips that you record; I’d love to see them!
|Computing||WALT use coding to build an underwater world.
Click on the link below to watch a video then follow a tutorial that will teach you how to program your own underwater world. Have fun!