Good morning, Year 6, and welcome to April.
This morning, Maria sent me this!
I was delighted yesterday to receive art learning from Maria and Matthew, and science learning from Elysia.
|Moment of Calm||Start the day off by calming your mind here.|
|PE||Stay fit and healthy by checking in with The Body Coach each morning at 9.00 at https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1|
|Handwriting||Copy these sentences containing this week’s spellings 6-10 into your handwriting book:
1. The trust had gone; it was time to resign.
2. His high-pitched scream was a signal that something bad was occurring.
3. My dad’s signature looks like a scribble to me.
4. “I wonder if these markings signify anything,” pondered the detective inspector.
5. Do not make anyone feel insignificant; we are all important.
|Reading||15 minutes of https://readtheory.org/|
|English||Click here to open today’s English activities.|
|Maths||WALT multiply simple pairs of proper fractions.
1. 8,018 + 276,531 =
2. 7.25 – 4.917 =
3. _______ = 75 x 33
4. 3,618 ÷ 27 =
5. ______ = 1000 x 0.063
Click here to open today’s maths lesson.
|French||I have set two new assignments on https://schools.duolingo.com/
If you have been unable to login, then email me at email@example.com and I’ll send you your login details.
|Geography||WALT research the human and physical features of our local area. (This project runs for 2 weeks)
Continuation of last week’s project
Research our local area, and answer these questions about your county or area:
1. What is the meaning of the name of your area?
2. What is the highest and lowest point?
3. What is the climate (including highest and lowest temperatures)?
4. What plants are popular?
5. What are the native animals?
6. What are the main roads through it?
7. What are the human features (those that wouldn’t exist in nature without humans) and physical features (those that occur naturally without humans) of Potters Bar?
Your task is to make a small guide book (electronic or on paper) about Potters Bar. Here are some ideas for you to include:
1. Five fun facts about Potters Bar
2. A map. Have a go at drawing a simple street map – make it as detailed as you want, but ensure the main roads are on it.
3. Write a small page about the history of Potters Bar (there is good information here http://www.pottersbarhistory.uk/thehistory.html but please do not simply copy and paste). It could be fun to include a quiz about the town’s history on a later page.
4. A page about the human and physical features of our town.
5. Write a review of some great places to visit or eat in the town.