It’s already Day 4 of working from home. I hope you are finding the learning enjoyable and interesting. Remember if you don’t understand something, you can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can try and help you.
|Moment of Calm||Start the day off by calming your mind here. (This should have been posted yesterday to coincide with the Feast of the Annunciation, but I didn’t want it to go to waste)|
|PE||Stay fit and healthy by checking in with The Body Coach each morning at 9.00 at https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1|
|Prayer||Visit https://cafod.org.uk/Pray/Lent-Calendar and reflect on today’s Bible verse and message.|
|Spelling||Play with family members: Word Wager
• Put this week’s words into an envelope/wallet.
• Share the tokens (could be anything – beads, buttons, stones) equally between the group.
• One person in the group will be the caller, and will read a word for you to spell.
• If you think you are able to spell it, bet as many tokens as you like.
• If you’re not sure, you can sit out of that round but you still have to pay the pot one token.
• Betting players write the word down.
• Those who spell it correctly divide the pot equally.
Reminder of this week’s spellings:
|Reading||15 minutes of https://readtheory.org/
It’s great to see so many of you making progress on Readtheory. Here’s the leaderboard so far this week: Mia, Luca and Mikey. Well done! What will it look like at the end of tomorrow?
|English||Click here to open today’s English activities.|
|Maths||WALT solve word problems involving algebra.
1. 327.61 + 13.816 =
2. _______ = 39,082 – 341
3. 703 x 52 =
4. 5,812 ÷ 7 =
5. ______ = 5,617 ÷ 100
Click here to open today’s maths lesson.
|RE||WALT interpret John’s account of the Last Supper.
Click here for today’s RE lesson.
|Computing||Childnet Film Competition 2020
This year’s theme is: We want an internet where we’re free to…
Your task is to start thinking about creative ways in which you could make a film on this year’s theme. There are so many different ways you could explore: song, rap, poem, story/ fable, news report, recipe, superheroes, video game…
Have a look at last year’s winners if you need some inspiration: https://www.childnet.com/resources/film-competition/2019
I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with!