This week’s home learning (due Tuesday 17th December) is as follows:
|RE||Please learn all song words for Tuesday’s Advent Service. Words and links can be found on previous blog post.|
|Spellings||Doubling the consonant when adding a suffix – “short vowel, one consonant, double it, add suffix”:
|(online) Mathletics tasks – simplifying fractions
Continue to revise all times tables.
|Reading||Daily reading and recording in Reading Records.
How to complete your reading record
As you’re reading, take notice of the language used then. When you’ve finished reading, choose an aspect of language that you really liked, write it into your reading record, and then explain why you found it effective.
Things you might comment on:
· Effective use of personification;
· An effective metaphor;
· An example of ‘show don’t tell’ ;
· Good use of the semi-colon;
· Direct speech that develops the characterisation;
· Formal language;
· A new word whose meaning you worked out from the context.