What a wonderful week
The children have made a wonderful start to their year 3 journey and it has been a pleasure to welcome them back. The week started with a reflective prayer circle, where we shared our hopes and feelings about the new academic year.
In maths they have been working hard to solve place value problems, uing their knowledge of expanded form (partitioning ) to create number riddles.
In English they have completed adjective hunts as well handwriting activities based around the book ‘The day the Crayons quit.’ Next week they will be writing letters and taking part in role play activities on this book.
In PE the children have taken part in problem solving and team building activities – they have shown fantastic cooperation skills and had lots of fun helping each other – what wonderful ants!
They have written wonderful welcome letters to Fr Shaun, which I’m sure he will enjoy reading. I am also pleased that they have risen to their classroom jobs – well done minions! ☺ In science they have started the topic ‘Rocks and Soils’, it has been interesting to find out what they already know about this topic and what they’d like to find out. They have also been introduced to our topic ‘The Stone Age.’ Can you find out a fascinating fact about the Stone Age people to share next week?
We have made birthday cards for each other and are enjoying our class book Sophie in the Saddle written by Dick King-with.
Friendly Reminders and information:
- Home learning and reading books/records will be sent home next Friday. Please continue to read with your child this week. They each have a library book.
- Please ensure children have their PE kits with them on Monday.
- Children do not need a pencil case in Y3. Equipment is proved in class.
- On Tuesday 12th is our meet the parents meeting from 3pm – 3.30pm in our class. I look forward to seeing many of you there. I will post the PowerPoint next week on our blog for those that can not attend.
- Wednesday 13th is Roald Dahl day, if you have a Roald Dahl book at home please could your child bring it in with them.
A busy week I’m sure you’ll agree!
Enjoy your weekend,
Y3 hall of fame
Here are photos of the childrens learning that they have proudly chosen to share with you. They hope you enjoy celebrating their learning with them.