I would like to begin by expressing my pride at how maturely Y6 approached their SATs this week. They all put in their best efforts and kept up the focus through all 6 tests. A huge well done to each of you.
After the SATS morning, the children spent Thursday afternoon making group graffiti pieces. They have brightened up our classroom no end!
On Thursday evening, I got a fright when I opened a box of potatoes that I’d had for a few months, to find that they were practically climbing out the box with the massive tentacle-like limbs that had sprouted from them, desperate to find light. Thus, we had a combined art and science lesson on Friday morning, observing the potatoes through still-life drawings, and discussing what had happened to them. We will plant them next week and see if they will still grow.
Well done to Amelia B and Daniel for leading the school in the beautiful May Procession.
Children, please practise the following lines for the relevant part you’re going to audition for:
- Deadeye – p.6 “I’ll tell you a story…” until “…Well, that is, until now”.
- Pearl/Liza/Jack – p.11-12 “Did you hear what….” until “Your father always said so.” FOLLOWED BY song on page 24 “Beneath The Same Starry Sky”.
- Scuttle/Slack – p.18 “Cockles and muscles!” until “You’re all cockle and no muscle!”
- Hornhonker/Cod – p.15 “Ah, Captain Cod, I presume” until “I’m going to have to get used to all these new technical terms!”
- Baggywrinkle/Blunderbus/Barnacles/Bullyrag/Broadside/Bilboe/Bilge – p.12-14 “Where’s the safe?” until “Aargh, you fool!”
- Redbeard/Squawk – p.22 “Squawk, my feathery friend” until “Where do you usually go?” FOLLOWED BY (for Redbeard) song on p.31 “Piratical Style” verse 1
- Wally/Pratt – p.25 “Well, Captain Cod, we’ve done…” until “You seem to be infested with…”
- Lofty/Cutthroat – p.16-17 “Lofty, sir” until “No, I mean we haven’t got enough hands.”
- Fathom/Fender/Ping/Pong/Wiff/Waff/Tick/Tack/Toe – p.40-41 “It’s the natives!” until “In the sea of Sciatica!”
- Louie – p.22 “Captain Redbeard, the crew are unsettled” until “Look lively, you scurvy dogs!”
Here’s the link to the video of it we watched earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXC6X_JCbBY
Please comment below if you’re confused about anything for the auditions, and I’ll try and clarify asap.
Have a very restful weekend.